Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 2 in Lebanon - Beirut

Lunch Break
Hmmm... Had a very sinful and filling lunch today.... A treat from my Lebanese user...












I have noticed this when having lunch in the restaurant... Some Lebanese guys are smoking thru this water pipe thingy. They called it shisha. Shisha is a Middle-Eastern smoking tradition that began hundreds of years ago. The tobacco is soaked in fruit shavings such as strawberry, apples or grapes. A small charcoal tablet is used to heat the special flavored tobacco gently. The tobacco never burns, instead, it is filtered when drawn through the water-filled, hand-blown glass base and inhaled through the embroidered hoses. It is claimed that the vapor is incredibly smooth, sweet and aromatic. This shisha thingy is more harmful than normal cigarette. When smoking for one hour via shisha, it is as harmful as smoking up to 200 cigarettes according to some articles. Scary....

A guy with shisha pipe on his lap.

Dinner Time
Ordered dinner from my room.... I told the Room Service operator that I want Poached Salmon for my main course... but Grilled Salmon is send to me instead.... =.="
- Minestone Soup
- Grilled Salmon, with seperate buttered lemon sauce

No comments: