Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 1 in Lebanon - Beirut

Due to work, I have to fly to Beirut for 4 days. There is no direct flight to Beirut, so I will be taking Qatar Airline transiting at Doha to take the connecting flight to Beirut....

Qatar Airline Flight From Singapore
I am down with flu and cough. On the flight from Singapore to Doha, one of the flight attendant noticed that I am unwell, so he came to ask if he could help me on anything. On SQ flights, the flight attendants that I have come across are never this attentive to their passenger. Overall, my impression of Qatar airline is good in terms of flight experience and flight attendants' service quality.

Qatar Airline Lounge
After 7+ hours flight from Singapore to Doha, I have to spent 2 hours at Doha Airport to wait for the connecting flight to Beirut. As this is the 1st time my PM and I are traveling on 1st class via Qatar Airline, we decided to go to the Qatar airline's 1st class lounge. The lounge looks ordinary as compared to SQ Raffles Class lounge at Singapore and Emirates' Business class lounge at Dubai.




Beirut Airport Transfer to Hotel

On the way from the airport to the hotel, for every few hundred meters, you can see soldiers armed with weapons....


I saw a lot of construction works going on, I am told that some of the construction works is to rebuild buildings that are being bombed previously.

My Hotel Room
A few years ago in year 2005, a car bombing incident which killed one of the former Lebanese prime minister happened near the hotel i am currently staying. The hotel is affected by the bomb and has undergo some rebuilding. From the balcony of my room, I can see the after-bomb trait of some buildings.





My Lunch+Dinner
Minestone Soup
Sea bass grilled, with seperate buttered lemon sauce and boiled vegetables (instead of french fries)


No comments: